TP Link Extender Login
After setting up your TP Link repeater, you can change its default password, hide SSID (network name), change WiFi channel, update firmware, and do much more by accessing the TP-Link extender login page.
There are two methods through which you can access the TP Link extender login page: Manual Method and using the Tether app.
How to Access TP Link Extender Login Page Manually?
Mentioned below are the steps with the help of which you can log in to your TP Link repeater manually and tweak its settings later:
- Grab an Ethernet cable and connect your TP Link repeater and router.
- Switch on your computer.
- Open an internet browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Microsoft Edge, etc.
- In the URL bar of the internet browser, type tplinkrepeater.net.
- Press the Enter key.
- The tplinkrepeater.net login page will come into view.
Now, log in to your TP-Link wireless range extender using the default username and password and get ready to change its settings!
How to Log in to Your TP Link Extender Using Tether App?
If accessing the TP Link repeater login page using your computer seems like a big deal, consider using your mobile device to do the same. You might be wondering how to use your mobile for TP-Link extender login. Well, its simple – download the Tether application.
Here is how you can use the Tether app to log in to your TP Link extender:
- Unlock your mobile device.
- Go to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store (depending on the device you are using) and search for the Tether app.
- Once found, download it and let the installation process get completed.
- Enter the default TP Link extender login credentials.
Bingo! You have successfully performed TP-Link extender login. In case of any doubts or queries, contact our tech-support team.
Can’t Access TP Link Repeater Login Page?
Although accessing the TP Link repeater login page is a piece of cake, however, many users face issues while doing so. If you are also amongst those users, the below-mentioned troubleshooting hacks will surely be of some help to you:
- Make sure that there is no internet issue from the side of your Internet Service Provider.
- If you have used a worn out or damaged cable to connect your TP-Link repeater and router, that can also cause TP Link repeater login issues. To get them fixed, replace your cable with a new one
- Your TP Link wireless extender should be receiving an uninterrupted power supply from the wall socket. If it isn’t, plug your device into a different wall socket.
- In case you have placed your range extender away from the router, change that right away! Too much distance between your devices is not good. So, place them in close proximity. But, not too close! You wouldn’t want their WiFi signals to clash, would you?
- Whatever web browser you are using to access the TP Link extender login page, keep in mind that it should be running on an updated version. Also, its cache, cookies, and browsing history should be cleared.
- Input the correct login credentials when trying to log in to your device. If you have changed the default TP-Link extender login credentials of your extender after performing TP Link setup, use them instead.
- Ensure that you are using the correct web address to access the tplinkrepeater.net login page. Avoid typing errors while entering the web address in the address bar of your internet browser. Also, cross-check it before pressing the Enter key.
- Chances are that the signals of your TP-Link extender are getting interrupted, thereby preventing you from accessing the tplinkrepeater.net login page. Therefore, place your extender away from cordless phones, washing machines, refrigerators, microwaves, treadmills, televisions, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, and other similar electronic devices.
- Temporarily disable antivirus software and firewall on your WiFi-enabled device
Once you have taken the help of the troubleshooting tips, try to access the TP Link extender login page. Any luck? If not, consider getting in touch with our technical experts. They are always on the ball to assist you.
Now that you have successfully performed TP-Link extender login, continue reading this guide to learn how to change its settings.
Steps to Change WiFi Password via Tplinkrepeater.net Login
Nowadays, it has become really important to safeguard your wireless network because anyone can access it and you wouldn’t even get to know. In order to secure the network of your TP Link extender, the first step is to change its WiFi password by accessing the TP-Link extender login page. Here’s how:
- Open an internet browser of your choice on your device.
- Enter the default web or IP address in the address bar of the browser.
- Press Enter.
- The tplinkrepeater.net login page will appear.
- Log in to your TP Link repeater by inputting the default login credentials. The TP Link setup wizard will come into view.
- Go to Settings > Wireless Settings.
- Under the Wireless Password option, enter the new WiFi password for both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz band.
- Click Apply.
- In some time, the changes that you have made to your device will get saved.
With that, you have successfully changed the WiFi password of your TP-Link extender by accessing the tplinkrepeater.net login page.
How to Hide SSID via TP Link Extender Login?
Disabling the network name (SSID) of your device is another awesome way to protect your wireless network from potential threats.
To hide network name of your TP-Link extender:
- Open a browser on your computer.
- Access tplinkrepeater.net
- Once the tplinkrepeater.net login page displays, enter the default admin details.
- When you are on the TP Link setup wizard, go to Basic > Wireless, tick Hide SSID.
- Hit Save.
Now, the SSID of your TP-Link wireless repeater will not appear on the available list of networks on your computer.
TP Link Repeater Firmware Update via Tplinkrepeater.net
To keep the performance of your TP Link repeater at its peak, it is important that you update its firmware. Keep a check on the regular updates of your repeater. Whenever a new firmware version is available, follow the below-mentioned steps to update it:
- Download the latest firmware version for your TP Link WiFi repeater TP Link WiFi repeater.
- Launch a browser on your device.
- Enter tplinkrepeater.net into the URL field.
- Next, log in to your TP link wireless repeater using the default tplinkrepeater.net login details. The TP Link setup wizard will appear.
- Under the Settings tab, go to System Tools > Firmware Upgrade
- Click Browse to locate and select the downloaded firmware file.
- Select Upgrade and let your device get updated.
- Do not unplug your TP Link wireless extender from the wall socket during the firmware update process.
- Make sure that the connection between your extender and your home router is stable.
- Enter the correct TP Link extender login credentials to log in to your device. If you are not sure about them, consider referring to the user manual. Or even better, reach out to our technical experts for help.
- Ensure that the firmware file you downloaded is matching the Hardware Version as displayed on the Settings > System Tools > Firmware Upgrade page.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q1. What should I do if I forgot my login password?
Ans. In that case, it is recommended that you access the TP Link extender login page and create a new login password
Q2. How to reset the TP Link extender to its factory default settings?
Ans. You can reset your TP Link extender by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Look for the Reset button located on your extender.
- Take an oil pin or paper clip and carefully insert it into the Reset hole.
- Wait for some time and let your device reboot.
Note: You can also reset your wireless range extender by accessing the TP Link extender login page. In case you face any issues during the process, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our technical experts for assistance.